This Study Session is all about sharing and visibility! Adrienne and Vickie go through the basics of sharing object, record and field access and review some sharing solutions.
Happy New Year from Ladies Be Architects! For our first session back in the new year, Vickie Jeffery and Adrienne Cutcliffe are going back-to-basics to deliver us some fantastic Platform App Builder Content. Session 1 of this series covered off on part one of Salesforce Fundamentals & Data Modeling and Management on the platform.
Welcome back, and in May we ran a spectacular session all about Master Data Management. This was expertly delivered by two of our Aussie ambassadors, Vickie and Adrienne. Emily is currently on maternity leave, having given birth to her first child. Audrey, in May. Congratulations Emily!
This study group covers programmatic sharing including looking at the different types of sharing, when to use programmatic sharing, share objects, Apex Sharing Reasons, security and unit tests for sharing classes.
This month, the community voted to study Community Cloud – with
A very special thank you to Emely Patra who was kind enough to donate her time to take us through the Bulk API and locking contention. She covered a detailed topic from the perspective of what you need to know for the review board and we all learnt something! Happy to share the recording and materials here with you.
Susannah’s Northeast Dreamin’ talk comes to Blanca Leon-Carter’s Apex16 study group! You don’t have to learn Apex to be an architect, but in case this interests you, you can learn the three rules of test-driven development and how to make testing PART of your code development – not an afterthought. Vocabulary and live coding are all part of the learning for this session. Read more to access the recording!
Jojn Blanca for the final session in her #LBAJourneyToPD1 series. This week it’s debugging and deployment, with a few valuable exam tips thrown in too:
- Describe how to monitor and access various types of debug logs.
- Describe the capabilities and security implications of the Developer Console, Workbench, and Force.com IDE.
- Describe the different processes for deploying metadata and business data.
- Describe how the different environments are used in the development and deployment process.
In the penultimate session from Blanca’s PD1 course, we cover:
- Describe the testing framework and requirements for deployment.
- Describe how to write unit tests for triggers, controllers, and classes.
- Describe when and how to use various sources of test data.
- Describe how to execute one or multiple test classes.
- Describe the differences between invoking Apex in
execute anonymous vs. unit tests.
Join Charly as she presents on Heroku as part of Blanca Leon-Carter’s Platform Developer I group!