Susannah’s Northeast Dreamin’ talk comes to Blanca Leon-Carter’s Apex16 study group! You don’t have to learn Apex to be an architect, but in case this interests you, you can learn the three rules of test-driven development and how to make testing PART of your code development – not an afterthought. Vocabulary and live coding are all part of the learning for this session. Read more to access the recording!
Jojn Blanca for the final session in her #LBAJourneyToPD1 series. This week it’s debugging and deployment, with a few valuable exam tips thrown in too:
- Describe how to monitor and access various types of debug logs.
- Describe the capabilities and security implications of the Developer Console, Workbench, and Force.com IDE.
- Describe the different processes for deploying metadata and business data.
- Describe how the different environments are used in the development and deployment process.
In the penultimate session from Blanca’s PD1 course, we cover:
- Describe the testing framework and requirements for deployment.
- Describe how to write unit tests for triggers, controllers, and classes.
- Describe when and how to use various sources of test data.
- Describe how to execute one or multiple test classes.
- Describe the differences between invoking Apex in
execute anonymous vs. unit tests.
This session, featuring guest speaker Kelsey Shannon, takes a deeper look at logic and process automation, exploring Apex triggers, Visualforce controllers, SOSL, SOQL and DML.
In week 3 of the Platform Developer I study group, Blanca Leon-Carter and guest presenter Kelle Costa take us through logic and process automation in Salesforce – constants, variables, declarative vs programmatic solutions and Apex data types.
Blanca’s first Platform Developer I session kicks off with a guest speaker – Mark Adcock – to join in taking us through the fundamentals of the Salesforce platform.
After attending our latest Integration Architecture study group with Natalya Murphy, the lovely Blanca Leon-Carter was inspired to take up the mantle and lead a study group of her own, to help anyone who is interested in taking the Platform Developer I exam.