As if I didn’t have enough hare-brained schemes cooking away at once…I’d like to put together a working group to produce practice scenarios for aspiring CTAs to use in their mock exams.
Here is the process:
- Contact Gemma with your Quip username please (she’ll add you to a folder)
- Write your scenario for a fictional company. Please also write up a solution key (we will supply templates for you)
- Once your first draft is done, post into Quip chat that your first draft is ready for review.
- For other scenarios marked as ready for review, please look at the scenarios and add comments.
- REVIEWERS: Work with the author – ask questions, raise challenges, add Q&A possibilities to their solution key
- AUTHORS: update your scenarios and solution keys as appropriate. Tip: get a few reviewers involved; you can always ask other people you trust to add their comments too. Give them a deadline date or it’ll never get finished.
- Lock your document once you’re happy and let Gemma know
- Gemma will get some CTAs to take a look ;0)
- We’ll publish them for you (and you will win a Ladies Be Architects PRIZE, plus full credit and shoutouts for writing the scenario!)
Tips from Gemma:
- I’m using some real life situations (and disguising them as fictional companies) for my scenarios
- Don’t make them too weird and wonderful – think of what your candidate has to cover in a 45-min presentation but also how long it will take them to prep their artefacts
- Features that are not GA should not be included in the solution key please
More tips welcome :0)
So what do you think? Wanna win some swag and help build a bank of these to help your fellows?